Friday, August 24, 2012

another post from training

So, I'm sitting here drinking a chai tea latte from the Starbucks here in Prestonwood Baptist. Yup, IN Prestonwood.

So it's been a while since I've had a good fall. When I do fall I usually want someone else to share it with me (as on onlooker) if it is especially funny.  Well, I had a good one last night and my husband was watching the whole thing.  Donovan and Mark saw the after effects (mostly me laying on the floor not wanting to move yet surrounded by sweet tea because the cup broke). What had happened was that one of the employees had already mopped the floor with too much water. She did not use a "wet floor" sign. *cue Ryan impersonating the falling man on the sign* I hit that wet spot and one leg slid forward (which means I couldn't catch myself) and one leg slid backward meaning I hit the floor with all my abundant weight on my knee.  Then I pitched forward and slammed my elbow.  If my styrofoam cup had not broken open, I would have been able to save the tea because I did keep it upright.

Randy lay there like a slug.  It was his only defense.

That's what I did.  I didn't trust my knee to move.  It was throbbing and my ankle had a bit of a burning sensation going on.  That's when the laughing began.  I would have laughed too if I saw myself just chilling on the concrete floor with a pool of sweet tea around me.

When it was all over, Donovan told Curtis that if this had happened in Connecticut, I would shortly own that restaurant.

He's not wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment