Friday, August 17, 2012

I admit it, I'm mad!


I’m a bit ticked.  A couple of years ago, I was a volunteer with the youth group at Grace Fellowship and we had gone a mission trip to Connecticut.  It was incredible!  All those teenagers excited about telling people about Jesus were inspiring.  But today, I look at pictures from that mission trip and the subsequent years, and my heart breaks.  How can someone go from being excited about telling people about Jesus to posting on Facebook that believing is God is joke for the simple-minded.  I have seen some of the most offensive posts by kids who are responsible for bringing a number of individuals to the Kingdom.  And dang stank it, I am not being hypocritical in this! Yes, I post Bible verses, Christian song lyrics, and quotes by CS Lewis but nothing of what I put up says that you are an idiot and stupid for not believing the way I do.  Let me show you some of what I’m talking about.  I hesitate to do so because it just means that I’m circulating it but I feel as if I need to make myself clear as to how offensive this stuff is.  These are taken directly from the Facebook posts of kids who had previously been on fire for the Lord:







Which part of them is the fake part? What could they have possibly gained by pretending to love Jesus? I know what they gain by pretending to be anti-God.  But is that what is really happening?  I’d like to think that their faith was real and not just a show, but I can’t know for sure. Yeah, I’m ticked, but despite your anti-God rhetoric, I’m still gonna pray for you.  “They will know we are Christians by our love.”  Well, then, my prayers are gonna reflect that regardless of your directly offensive stance, I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. Denise, I have been thinking the EXACT same thing! Its sad to see how many seem to have been soil that of thorn bushes, in that their faith was fired up until the cares of the world, the things or relationships came in and choked out their "faith" What a shame to see, its a scary thing when Jesus said those type of people He will spit out of His mouth. I pray that I never am one of those, have been before and life was miserable. Your right, praying for those who have strayed is loving them and is our call to obedience. sometimes I miss those times, but the last years have shown us who have survived the refining period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have free will. God protects the right to let people be stupid. Hell is full of stupid. Unfortunately, like you, Denise, I love some of those who are stupid.

    ReplyDelete