Thursday, August 23, 2012

Training requires blogging

I'm sitting here in a CISM training which awesomely is worth 27 CEUs,which I need 24 by January. Anyway, I'm struggling to pay attention and have a good attitude about it.  For those of you have been reading my blogs for quite a while hopefully remember my complaints about my classes in seminary. I'm seem to be having some of the same issues, mostly with the stupid questions.  I mean, the man JUST explained that and all you've done is reword the statement that he JUST said in the form of a question!

What's also interesting is that the teacher keeps referring to me for some clarification because I'm the only licensed clinician in the room of over 35 people, including the teacher. Don't get me wrong, I am getting good information and dang stank it, I'm getting 27 CEUs.

I've got two more hours to go today, I've already been here yesterday from 8-6 and today live been here since 8. Tomorrow is the same thing.

On a completely different note, I had an attitude shift at my job where I've learned to just let things go. My boss ws driving me crazy and in turn I would border on being disrespectful. I was never outright rude but I would sometimes get short with him which is not a good thing. For a long while I was he only one running the office.  I was doing the job of two therapists and an office manager. I realized that if I was going to do my job or even get any help from my boss, I needed to stop fighting him. Well, I had my annual review a couple of days ago, and my boss gave me a great review. I'm even getting a raise, something Sundown never did.

In the frivolous category, I finally got some Ink Joy pens. Love, love, love!



No comments:

Post a Comment